Real Estate Institute
Of Rhode Island
- Can I take the course online? No, Rhode Island Real Estate Rules and Regulations require pre-license candidates to complete a 45-hour pre-license program in a classroom. You can choose either day, night or weekend class schedules. Day schedule 9:00-12;00 Monday- Friday, complete 15 classes. Night schedule 6:00-9:00 pm every Tuesday and Thursday, complete 15 classes. Weekend schedule Saturday's 9:00-3:30, complete 7 classes.
- Where are the exams given and how much does it cost? The exams are given every week, the fee is $70.00. For more information on where to go, what to expect and what to bring, download the Candidate Handbook.
- What other requirements are required to earn my license? Candidates are required to complete a 3-hour lead paint class which can be completed online. In addition, all candidates are required to get a BCI check from the State Attorney General's Office. Download the State Application.
- What are the State's licensing fees? The State of Rhode Island licensing fees are $140.00 every two years. You are also required to provide proof of Errors & Omissions Insurance, which will be provided by your broker (check with your broker for the cost). In addition, new licensees are required to pay a one time $25.00 fee to the State Recovery Fund.
- How do I find a company to affiliate with? Our guidance counselors will assist you in finding a broker to affiliate with. We assist in identifying a brokerage that provides the training, support, and guidance fundamental to your success. We have a 100% placement guarantee.
- How do I get my license after I pass my exam? Once you pass the exam and identify a brokerage to affiliate with you will submit yourApplication for licensure to the State of Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation: Real Estate Division.
- Does my Rhode Island real estate license allow me to work in other states? Yes, MassachusettsandConnecticut are reciprocal states, meaning you only have to pay their licensing fees and they will issue you a license to practice in their state. Other states will require you to complete their pre-license requirements.
- How do I become a Realtor and member of State Wide Multiple Listing Service (MLS)? Once affiliated with a real estate company that is a member of the Rhode Island Association of Realtors and Statewide Multiple Listing Service, you will submit an application for membership and pay a membership fee. Membership in The Rhode Island Association of Realtors includes membership in a local Board of Realtors and the National Association of Realtors.
Ready to get started? Enroll today.